Monday, December 15, 2008

Almost double digits - Brittney is 9!


Saturday was the big day for Brittney. The count down had been on for quite some time but when the day finally came she couldn't believe it. She kept telling me she didn't feel 9! So I felt of her ribs and then my expanded tummy & told her she was definitely 9. Her birthday party won't be until January; that is one of the joys of having a December birthday - no one is ready for an additional party in December but come January people are begging for a party. We have rented out Activity World as usual so she can bring all of her friends, the other ISE families, and some of Sophie's friends.
But back to THE day... It started with Brittney opening her gifts which included the Harry Potter game for the Wii (I'll blog about the Wii a little later) and a 2nd Harry Potter wand. Evidently if you have 2 H.P. wands you can play a duelling game & cast "spells" on each other. Brittney spent the first part of the morning playing on the Wii. Then Emily came down & Kevin took all the girls to see a movie & lunch at Frankie & Benny's. He had the restaurant do the traditional embarrassing song & dessert for Brittney, and of course she absolutely loved it.
Then the night included Kevin's work party so we were gone, but Brittney & Emily had a sleep over, stayed up until 2am, and ate lots of cake & ice cream. On Sunday Brittney gave me a thank you card saying it was the best birthday ever...who knew!
But for a trip down memory lane I have included a few pictures below...

2nd Birthday - Brittney & NeeNee

Brittney as a Wooden Puppet

Preschool Graduation

Sarah & Brittney Summer of 2007

Need I explain this one!!! summer 2007

Brittney, Sophie, and Emily

4 comments:

Holli said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIT!!! Hope you have a fun year being NINE! we will be ready for the party!:)

The Roeschley's said...

December Birthdays are definitely not fun, but I told Brittney on the phone that the coolest people are born in December. After listing to me list off names (myself, mommy, holli, Jesus....) she was convinced.

And Sophie was convinced that I was at the movie with them :o) I guess she doesn't realize how much she wears pink, and the odds of me guessing that she had pink on were a lot greater than she expected.

Gosh i love those children

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday Brittney. Wow, she has changed so much over the years! What will you do when you move back and there is no more Activity World??? I hope she has a great party.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Brittney! Enjoy being 9!!!!!