Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy 40th gifts for Kevin & Cathy

While we were skiing in December I turned 40, but Kevin was unable to give me my gift. You see, he wanted to give me a cuckoo-clock but this year the area we stayed in Switzerland had no cuckoo-clocks. Not to fear, we went to Germany in March - cuckoo clock heaven! We found a wood-cutter who hand makes cuckoo-clocks, and he taught Kevin all the ins-and-outs of the clocks. His shop was full of so many clocks - traditional, big, small, everything you could think of. We fell in love with the clock below (I know it is huge) but it reminds us of skiing and the great outdoors.


For as long as I can remember Kevin has talked about wanting to go sky-diving or parasailing or parachuting or something to that measure. I was looking on line for some gift ideas and came across the perfect gift for Kevin...for this gift, if the receiver is age 40 or over a doctor's examination & clearance is required. How excellent!!!

Kevin will need to schedule his jump from a real plane, but once he gets the nerve up Brittney's teacher, Ms. Lee will be going on the jump with Kevin to video tape the experience. I will post the information once we have it ready :-)

3 comments:

hendede said...

Did you bring the clock home? Shipped to England or the states? It looks beautiful. Something very memorable to remember your travels with. :)

Cathren12 (mom) said...

We had to ship the clock to the states. I was disappointed by that but the discount was worth it...

Scott and Jeanne said...

We're eager to hear about the skydiving! What a great idea!

Love your clock. I'm so glad you got such a nice one! Congrats!