Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Week in Germany ~ birth place

My dad & his wife are visiting from Georgia. During their two week visit we traveled to Germany for a week and spent the last week traveling all over England. I will slowly blog about our travels...starting with our week in Germany.

Our first trip was to visit my Birth Place. Yes, I was born somewhere other than the good ole USA. During Vietnam, my dad was stationed outside Frankfurt, West Germany (of course now just known as Germany). This fact has been a good piece of trivia for me in the past, but now I feel like I know more. It was really cool walking the streets that my parents walked when they were younger than I currently am...



Mom & Dad lived on the third floor apartment ~ up where dad & I are pointing

Dad was curious to see if Helga still lived in the apartment complex. She was the landlady who took mom & dad under her wing - made sure they were treated right, not over charged, etc. Well dad checked the listing by the front door of the apartment & saw that her name was still listed. We tried to call up to her apartment but there wasn't any answer.

After looking around awhile, we decided to walk to the local bakery, enjoy some treats, & head off for our next adventure...

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a wonderful experience to be visit the place you were born. I honestly had no idea you were born in Germany. I hope you enjoyed visiting with your family -- and I will look forward to reading all about your adventures. Miss you...

hendede said...

It's about time! I am always pleasantly surprised when I check your blog and you have added something. I am glad you had a good time with your Dad and his wife! Keep blogging! Pam