Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It is sooooo hot

The weather here in the UK has been extremely warm. Remember, I grew up in Florida, so to a large degree I am used to HOT weather and high humidity. But over here, it isn't so much the heat as it is the lack of AC; you have no where to cool off. There are times it is hotter in the house than it is outside, and the night time... oh my, that is really uncomfortable & makes for not so good sleeping.
Last summer I did purchase a portable AC unit, but let's just say it doesn't do the job. Kevin decided it was my placement of the unit so he readjusted it - still really warm in the house.

Oh well, so we need to find creative ways to cool off... hence the visit to the Burghley House Water Garden. It is a small garden that has lots of water fountains and water walks through out. I bought a season pass for the family. We have been once (& I will post some pictures once Holli puts them on her blog :-) ), and we will visit more before returning to the states in 9 days. It is the perfect set up. There is only one way in & one way out. There are benches and grassy places that I can sit with a book while the girls run around & play. Sophie loves to "wash" her hair in the fountains, & Brittney just runs around like crazy.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

There isn't much inbetween in England-it is either too cold or too hot. I think we should introduce ceiling fans and central air. The weather here has been great so far this summer-I hope it will be when you guys are here!

Eyepoke said...

The Hammer of The Gods!

Scott and Jeanne said...

Just got cool again. Crazy weather. We're missing you guys and hope you're having a great time in the US.